Celo welcomes MedApps as latest innovation partnerFeb 22, 2021
Blog Post written by Steve Vlok, Co-founder & CEO Celo
A few years ago while walking through a digital health conference I met Tom and Rob. These guys are on a mission. I recall how refreshing it was to meet two people that were truely passionate about making an impact on the way healthcare is delivered. Over the last few years we’ve kept in touch with the Med Apps team and it is hardly surprising that this relationship has now blossomed into a commercial partnership.
One of the biggest challenges in running a healthtech company is being close to the customer. Clinicians are busy. Often too busy to even think about possible changes to improve their workflow. Of course, the bigger players in the market pride themselves on having a highly paid “Chief Medical Officer” but usually these types of roles fall into the hands of doctors that simply havn’t practiced medicine in over 20+ years. To see Rob solving real problems he faces in his real clinical day struck a cord with the Celo team, where we are doing the same with our own team of very active clinicians.
Celo is on a mission to connect healthcare in a way that breaks down barriers, increases access to real time advice and ultimately changes the way healthcare is delivered by providing a powerful, compliant and extensive information sharing platform for health workers.
We partnered with Med Apps for three main reasons:
- Med Apps are a great team. They are passionate about what they do, they have the brains to deliver, and they are dedicated to making healthcare better for everyone.
- People that deliver healthcare, need to know what to do, very quickly. MedApp is an offline-accessible, mobile-first tool for accessing clinical and hospital guidelines, communicating with clinicians, and facilitating education and training. Med App helps healthcare professionals feel confident and efficient in how they deliver great care.
- Med Apps and Celo, together we’re a great fit. If you join a healthcare workplace, and know what to do through Med App, and can communicate effectively through Celo - you’re set up for success - and that means better patient outcomes and ultimately better healthcare for everyone.
We’re super excited to finally formalise our partnership with MedApps. To partner with such an innovative company whose values are so closely aligned with ours is a no brainer.
Founded in 2014, Celo's secure healthcare messaging app makes it easy for teams to communicate, enabling compliant and efficient messaging for better patient care. Celo replaces the use of consumer tools like WhatsApp, which often get used by clinical teams to coordinate patient care. With Celo you get the best of both worlds, an easy to use, instantly familiar interface that’s also fully healthcare compliant.
Celo is available on iOS, Android & Desktop.
Learn more at www.celohealth.com
A company founded by clinicians designing and delivering innovative solutions to enable every healthcare professional to feel confident in their work.
The Med App is in use at 54 public and private hospitals across Australia, New Zealand, UK and Canada with over 22,000 clinicians using it to access site-specific hospital information.
Med App is the modern day digital hospital handbook with workflows that support:
- Clinician orientation
- Quality Improvement and system / process improvement project support
- Wellbeing content, tools and access to partner services
- Events, attendance and education capture and reporting (includes CPD)
- Protocols / Clinical Decision Support
We care deeply about the health and wellbeing of all users and are constantly looking for ways to support their education, confidence, productivity so they in turn can deliver the best patient care.
Learn more about Med App at https://www.med.app/
Open Letter: Attention all healthcare providers
This open letter is to all healthcare providers to highlight the importance of protecting clinician and patient privacy online. We believe that healthcare organisations are responsible for providing their clinical teams with a safe tool for communicating patient data, which also simplifies and improves their day-to-day workflow.Read More →
Celo appoints experienced pair to its advisory board.
Celo Press Release
Celo, which originated in New Zealand and has expanded to Australia and the UK, has appointed healthcare executives Stella Ward and David Leach to its Global Advisory Board. The pair bring a combined 40 years of experience in healthcare technology and governance to the Celo team.Read More →